Hot chocolate also known as hot cocoa made by mixing cocoa powder chocolate or sugar and starts in powder form. Hot chocolate is a heated drink consisting of melted chocolate or cocoa powder, heated milk or water, and flavoring or spices.
This kind of drink is mainly preferred or mostly served during the winter season and can be made in a microwave or stove stop.
Ingredients for Making Hot Chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Tablespoon (for measurements)
- Whipped cream in case of topping.
Key Steps in Hot Chocolate-Making Process
Step 1: Pour in Milk
Prepare chopped chocolate and milk. Place the milk of your choice in a saucepan at room temperature
Step 2: Add Cocoa Powder
Whisk in cocoa powder and heat until warm.
Step 3: Add Sugar
Add sugar to the mixture and stir frequently so that the sugar can dissolve.
Step 4: Add Melted Chocolate
Add the hot milk to a bowl containing chopped chocolate and whisk it well to melt the chocolate. Add the melted chocolate to the hot milk in the saucepan.
Step 5: Add Vanilla Extract
Add a small amount of vanilla extract, stir and mix again.
Step 6: Consider Toppings
One can add topping of your choice like whipped cream, sprinkles, or chocolate Shavians.
Step 7: Serve Hot Chocolate
One can serve hot chocolate with crushed candy canes, chopped chocolate, or marshmallows.
It can be served either warm or hot.
Other Alternative Ways to Make Hot Chocolate
Apart from the hot chocolate-making process we have mentioned above, there are people who may opt for other alternatives.
Some prefer their hot chocolate with milk while, while others choose hot chocolate with water. That is especially true for those who prefer lighter drinks. Usually, this makes the drink lighter on the stomach.
Remember, hot chocolate made with water is much richer and creamer, and its naturally vegan and dairy-free.
Steps to Making Hot Chocolate with Water
- Step 1: Put a small pan on a stove at medium heat and pour water into the pan.
- Sep 2: Heat the water until it is warm and add in dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Step 3: Whisk slowly and continuously to allow the chocolate to melt and allow the mixture to combine perfectly.
- Step 4: Taste it to see if the mixture tastes as wish if not, you can adjust the taste and sweetness if necessary.
- Step 5: Add a spice of your choice like (ginger, cardamom, cayenne, pepper, cinnamon), and stir regularly when drinking.
- Step 6: Place vanilla extract to enhance your taste.
- Step 7: Put your hot chocolate on a mug ready to drink.
Apart from the hot chocolate-making process, you may also be interested in:
Hot chocolate has different ways and styles of making it. Hot chocolate can be purchased in any fast food, restaurant, tea houses, coffee houses and cafeterias. Hot chocolate is consumed worldwide and comes in different variations.
When preparing hot chocolate ingredients quality matters when making hot chocolate.